Dresden is easily to reach via train and has two big train stations (Bahnhof Dresden Neustadt and Hauptbahnhof) on both sides of the river. For the meeting place and the recommended hotels Bahnhof Dresden Neustadt is the nearest train station.
- from Frankfurt/M via Leipzig hourly service by ICE
- from Hamburg/Berlin every two hours by EC/IC
- from Munich via Leipzig hourly service by ICE
- from Budapest/Prag several times daily by EC
- from Wroclaw three times per day by RE
The Dresden airport has regular connections to many German and European cities (e.g. London, Moskow, Zurich). With the airport train, called S-Bahn, the city centre is only 20 minutes away (train station Dresden Neustadt) and this for only 2 Euro. Most flights are operated by Lufthansa (usually via Frankfurt/M or Munich) and Air Berlin (via Dusseldorf or Nuremberg). An overview over important connections can be found here.
The airports of Berlin or Leipzig are also not far away. Both can be easily reached via train or bus (Berlin Linien Bus or Autobahnexpress). An overview over all connections to or from Berlin can be found here.
- from Frankfurt/M via Autobahn A4
- from Hamburg/Berlin via Autobahn A13
- from Hamburg/Hannover/Leipzig via Autobahn A14
- from Munich via Autobahn A9/A72
- from Prague via Autobahn A17
- from Wroclaw via Autobahn A4
Take the Dresden-Neustadt, Dresden Wilder Mann or Dresden- Hellerau exit and followw the signs to the city centre.